Monday, June 14, 2010

Rediscovering Me

I was so mad I wanted to spit. On Friday I got into a little confrontation with a nice young lady in the parking lot of Chevy's. She cut me off in the parking lot and then decided she was going to cuss at me. When the nice young lady did this I snapped I saw red! I politely parked my car and followed this nice young lady into the store; I then proceeded to yell at the top of my lungs every ghetto euphemism I could muster in my body. DAMN IT I was mad. After my episode was over I felt like a new person. That one little scene mad me realize that somewhere along the way I had lost myself.

I was no longer that edgy person. My mind started to race when did I lose my edge. Was it when I moved back to DC or was it when I graduated? Was it when I got tired of people telling me I was too rude and blunt? Why was I conforming??

Well I am taking my edge back. I am a fighter and I win end of story. I want to have control over my life again. So I am no longer sitting back and waiting for things to happen. I am grabbing this bull by the horn and I am in the ring with it. I may come out bruised and battered but at least I was in the fight.

Over the last two months I have learned I have more strength then I ever thought I knew I had. It came from my inner most parts and I thankful for that. I realize now that just because I make myself a top priority doesn't mean people will like me any less and if they do then that is their fault not mine.

And to prove that I am still in the fight I have two job interviews this week. Yes, I just started a new job, but I truly believe God wouldn't given me these new opportunities if they were not right for me. So I am taking a chapter from one of my friends and I am trying something new. I thank her for not just saying it but being a living example. So folks remember FIGHT for what you want and for who you want to become. Life is a Journey not a destination.

Until next time I am still the southern girl living in the city

Rediscovering myself and life!!!



Peace and Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment