Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How to face your giant

This was the title of a sermon my pastor did a few months back. But everyday I receive a daily devotion from his desk . For the last few days it has been based on his sermon How to face your giant. So at the end of the devotion we always have a little assignment. Today's was to write a declaration to reassure yourself that you are never alone. I wrote one today and I just wanted to share it with you all. Here is the actually devotion and assignment followed by my declaration! (a statement that is emphatic and explicit)

From the Sermon: How to Face Your Giant

Undefeated. When David was at his best, nobody could beat him. And when David was in his worst, nobody could beat him. That's a snapshot of our lives, because sometimes we're good; sometimes we're at our worst. But it never caused God to distance himself or abandon himself.

Assignment: Read Psalm 91:1-3 and Psalm 118:4-9; then write a declaration to reassure yourself that you are never alone because the God who is enabling you to face your giant is your ever present Help and Deliverer who will not abandon you.


I am never alone. I am always under the guidance of the most high - God. He shall see me through no matter what. He will deliverer me from my enemies. He will keep me in perfect peace. He will always be there to hold me up when I cannot do so for myself. I am never alone, forgotten, or forsaken.

-Bless God.

That was my declaration.. What's yours? Please share...

-Southern Girl living in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment