The other night I was on the phone with a friend and this particular friend said, Hey I hate you with insight. I was totally shocked but then I began to think about it. A lot of people hate me but they still love me for my insight right? I don't know if that statement is true or not but it got me to thinking none the less.
I am who I am no apologizes what you see is what you get. It seems like when I hit 25 my whole world got turned upside down and I noticed a few things about myself( some call this the quarter life crisis) I was fat, unhappy and generally didn't like the way my life was going.
I was working a dead in job(I was thankful for the job) that wasn't going to lead me anywhere but to a mental institute. I wasn't very sure of my goals or the next steps I should be taking. So with that I decided to set up some goals and figure out what I was going to do with myself. I decided that I wanted to stay in the field of health and that I wanted to work with patients but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go for the gusto and become a doctor or go to nursing school. SO I sat on it a little while longer. I started trying to move towards weight lost goals and so forth on so on. I still felt like I was in this world wind and not making any head way, I began to get very frustrated and fed up with life.
So I took a step back found a new job and started pursuing those goals I talked about. Although I
haven't fully meet those goals I am happy to say I am making progress and at this point that is all I can ask for.
So back to the comment I hate you with insight as I said earlier I am who I am. Maybe I flippant, rude and mean. But at no point do those things ever cross my mind. So friend you can hate me with insight(lol) but at the end of the day. I am going to be me.
The lesson in all of this is I can only be me. No matter how hard I try to change me I can't. Now I can change the small things and break myself of bad habits. But by the age of 26 I feel as though I am growing into who I will be as an adult. (lol I don't fully see myself as an adult yet) SO hate me love me, you make the choice. The bottom line is I will always be me so I might as well embrace myself and hold on for the ride, this journey we call life.
So as always I'm still a Southern Girl living in the Big city learning about life!
Peace and Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment