Monday, August 24, 2009

Can You Hear Me now?

One thing that I have always done is listen to people (at least in my head I would like to think so). Most of the time I will listen to your problems and try to give honest, God fearing advice. Then there are those other times where I revert back to my old self and think violence is a good solution to everything. None the less whatever piece of advice I happen to give at that moment in time it was because I took the time to listen to what you were saying and then gave you advice based on that.

So let me tell you about a conversation I recently had:

Me: Hey Girl How you doing?

Girl: Ohh Hey I am fine just trying to figure somethings out

Me: Ohh ok

Girl: Proceeds to give me every nitty gritty detail of what she is trying to figure out. Now mind you we have been here before. (not saying that I don't have problems that linger)

Me: Ohh ok well I think Blah Blah Blah Blah and try to give her a little advice

Girl: yeah girl you are right Thanks I needed that

ME: No Problem

Girl: SO what has been going on with you

ME: I begin to tell her about a recent conversation with my mother and how it bothered me

Girl: Ohh really well don't think that is really a problem and then goes back to herself

Me: Well I will talk to you later


I got off the phone in awe and amazement because I am like what the F@!#. Did I not spend the last 45 minutes of my life listening to your drama and you can't listen to my concern for 5 mins. I guess everyone is wondering why is this bothering you now? I think this is bothering me now because I have begun to notice that more and more people seem to think that my problems don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Yes, I normally figure things out for myself and yes I am a private person. I have been ridiculed and praised for both of these things, but when I try to open up and let you know some of the things I am dealing with, people always take the high road of ohh you will be fine you always are.

The lesson that I have learned in all of this is you can't always do things on your own. In life you need other people to help you. But at the same time you have to make sure that they are open enough to help you and in the case of some of my friends sane enough as well. (LOL) So as I am learning to ask people for help, I hope others in my life realize that I am learning and actually listen so that I don't have to rant and rave.

So as always I am just a Southern Girl living in the Big City learning lessons.

Until Next time...

1 comment: